GlenWyvis is looking to recruit a dedicated Sales Representative to support and drive sales of our newly released GlenWyvis whisky and Goodwill gin.
The successful applicant will have a key role to play in bringing a brand-new single malt to market, working closely with the production team to build and grow relationships with customers from day one.
They will also have the unique opportunity to join the team of a small, independent craft distillery, gaining intimate knowledge of whisky and gin production with in-depth, hands-on experience.
Flexible, full-time position 40hrs/wk based in Dingwall, with expected travel around Scotland. Starting salary of £24,000 per year with semi-annual performance-based bonus.
What we require
Working closely with our Distillery Manger, the successful candidate will be responsible for securing and retaining accounts — specifically local, independent and specialist retailers. They will have close input on brand development and marketing to educate consumers about the distillery and its products, conducting tastings and trainings where needed. They will also join the rest of the distillery team in attending tradeshows, promotional events and driving direct to consumer sales.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Promote and educate customers about the distillery and its products, both locally and throughout the UK
- Grow the rate of sale among wholesalers, independent retailers, speciality outlets and hospitality outlets
- Secure new business and build customer relationships to improve rate of sale
- Commercial accountability for meeting or exceeding sales objective and targets
- Support brand activations to ensure the market understands the GlenWyvis proposition
- Organise and support GlenWyvis’ attendance at specialist tradeshows and events
What you must offer
We’re looking for some one that is capable of building and maintaining strong relationships with customers in order to drive sales of the GlenWyvis portfolio. You will have a minimum of two years’ experience in a customer facing role, preferably within the spirits or hospitality sector. Prior knowledge of whisky and the distillation process would be a significant bonus, but we are willing to train the right candidate. You will be:
- Ambitious, results-focused and with a proven track record of working independently
- Able to demonstrate evidence of building effective sales relationships
- A people person with excellent communication skills, comfortable with creative ideas
- Passionate about being an ambassador for the local area and community
- Happy to embrace flexible working – including working weekend tradeshows
- Comfortable travelling within Scotland, particularly the Highlands and Central Belt
- Able to efficiently manage an expense budget
- Competent with IT including Microsoft Excel and social media platforms
- Able to supply transportation and present a full UK driving licence (mileage reimbursed)
GlenWyvis Distillery opened in late 2017, bringing distilling back to the town of Dingwall in the Scottish Highlands for the first time in over 90 years. The GlenWyvis team now produces single malt whisky and craft gin in the world’s first 100% community-owned, sustainable distillery.
Established as a community benefit society, a share of all GlenWyvis’s future profits will be invested back into community projects both locally and further afield. To date, more than 3,400 people from some 36 countries have invested over £3.2 million to be part of the GlenWyvis journey.
In 2018, the distillery launched GoodWill gin, followed by a series of barrel aged gins that spoke to its whisky roots. At the end of 2021, the distillery released its very first 3-year-old whisky to its members alongside a very limited retail release. Going forward, GlenWyvis plans to release one unique batch of whisky a year, growing sales whilst continuing small scale gin production.
If you believe you have the personal and professional skills to drive the UK sales effort for GlenWyvis, then we would be delighted to hear from you. You can learn more about our inspirational project at glenwyvis.com. To apply for this exciting position, please email your CV and covering letter directly to us at firstname.lastname@example.org