POSITION NOW FILLED
GlenWyvis Distillery opened in late 2017 bringing distilling back to the town of Dingwall in the Scottish Highland for the first time in over 90 years. The GlenWyvis team now produces single malt whisky and craft gin in the world’s first 100% community-owned, fully sustainable distillery.
Established as a community benefit society, a share of all GlenWyvis’s future profits will be invested back into community projects both locally and further afield. To date, more than 3,400 people from some 36 countries have invested over £3.2 million to be part of the GlenWyvis journey. Production of single malt whisky commenced in February 2018 under the watchful eye of master distiller, Duncan Tait.
In June 2018, GlenWyvis rebranded and relaunched its flagship gin with a new name, bottle and packaging. GlenWyvis GoodWill Scottish Gin is made using nine botanicals, including local hawthorn berries, and has a crisp full-bodied taste. Crafted to unite, GoodWill Gin embodies the community ethos of GlenWyvis – and is made to share!
Against this background, the board of GlenWyvis is looking to recruit a UK Sales Manager to support our recently appointed International Business Development Manager.
The successful applicant will have a key role to play in building for the long-term success of one of the most high profile developments in Scottish distilling in recent years.
What we require
Reporting to our International Business Development Manger, and working closely with the Managing Director and Finance Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for driving sales to exceed set targets in Scottish and UK markets. The candidate will work closely with our brand team and external agencies to develop the marketing materials (both gin and whisky) to ensure that they are fit-for-purpose in an increasingly competitive market.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Develop and implement a channel specific UK sales strategy and marketing plan
- Gain distribution and grow the rate of sale among wholesalers, independent retailers, speciality outlets and hospitality outlets
- Secure new business and build customers relationships to improve rate of sale
- Develop both volume and value of GlenWyvis brands through new business growth
- Commercial accountability for meeting or exceeding sales objective and targets
- Commercial accountability for ensuring repeat sales and growing profitable volume
- Support brand activation to ensure market understands the GlenWyvis proposition
- Support the development of the sales and events team, and our brand ambassadors
What you must offer
We’re looking for some one that is capable of building and maintaining strong relationships with customers in order to drive sales of the GlenWyvis portfolio. You will have a minimum of three years sales experience in the UK off-trade and on-trade spirit market, preferably within the gin or whisky sectors in the UK. You will be:
- Educated to degree level – with relevant B2B sales experience
- Ambitious, results-focused and with a proven track record of working independently
- Able to demonstrate evidence of building effective sales relationships
- Proven track record of selling a full portfolio of products and delivering new business
- A skilled account manager with a good technical understanding of the spirit market
- A people person with excellent communication skills, comfortable with creative ideas
- Happy to embrace flexible working – including working outside of traditional office hours
- Commercially-minded with a strong ability to analyse numeric sales and market data
- Competent with IT including Microsoft Excel/PowerPoint and all social media platforms
- Able to present a full clean UK driving licence
If you believe you have the personal and professional skills to drive the UK sales effort for GlenWyvis, then we would be delighted to hear from you. You can learn more about our inspirational project at glenwyvis.com. To apply for this exciting position, please email your CV and covering letter to our Managing Director, John Mckenzie, at firstname.lastname@example.org.