We're very excited to announce a new Community Share investment opportunity for GlenWyvis. As you may be aware, we're very proud of our history here at GlenWyvis, drawing enormous influence from the famous Ferintosh brand, a much loved whisky throughout Scotland which became synonymous with quality. It was a favourite of Scotland's great bard Robbie Burns, who lamented:
Thee, Ferintosh! O sadly lost!
Scotland lament frae coast to coast!
... on its closure in 1784.
On the 16th of April 2016, 270 years to the day after the Battle of Culloden, The Flying Farmer, John Fraser Mckenzie and his board will offer you the chance to become part of history. With your investment, construction at Dingwall will commence on schedule this summer with distilling production scheduled for Burns Night 2017. We think Robbie Burns and the Jacobites would be proud.
Check back here for the full investment details and be ready for the 16th of April.
It's been an incredible year for everyone involved with GlenWyvis, we've come a long way in a short space of time. The board of seven dedicated individuals, from different walks of life and all sharing the same passionate dream of bringing distilling back to the Highland town of Dingwall, have worked together to provide a once-in-a-lifetime chance of investing in this unique business. We would like to share with you some highlights from our unique journey.
- The project was first announced on Burns day 2014 tying in with our Scottish history
- We submitted planning for the new distillery in Dingwall on the 1/08/2014 and planning permission was granted on Burns day 2015
- One of our biggest moments was the launch of our limited edition GlenWyvis gin in June 2015 which has been selling well since
- We received the Innovation Award for 2015 from the Scottish Craft Distillers Association (SCDA) for our unique design and aims
- In November we visited the world famous Forsyths in Rothes and the GlenWyvis whisky stills were confirmed on their production schedule for September 2016
- On St. Andrews day we released a very limited bottling of GlenWyvis Burns Nectar, 300 individually numbered bottles
- We submitted our Food Processing Marketing and Co-operation (FPMC) grant application in November 2015 with the results expected in March 2016
- The build warrant for the distillery is being submitted and will be in place in time for the launch of our Investment on the 16th of April
- Construction is expected to start in June of this year
If you want to kept up to date with all goings on at GlenWyvis you can send us a message and we will add you to our monthly newsletter mailing list. You can also register your interest in investing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do have an online shop so if you would like to try our gin or whisky just head over and have a browse.