POSITION NOW FILLED
GlenWyvis Distillery opened in late 2017 bringing distilling back to the town of Dingwall in the Scottish Highland for the first time in over 90 years. The GlenWyvis team now produces single malt whisky and craft gin in the world’s first 100% community-owned, fully sustainable distillery.
Established as a community benefit society, a share of all GlenWyvis’s future profits will be invested back into community projects both locally and further afield. To date, more than 3,400 people from some 36 countries have invested over £3.2 million to be part of the GlenWyvis journey. Production of single malt whisky commenced in February 2018 under the watchful eye of master distiller, Duncan Tait.
In June 2018, GlenWyvis rebranded and relaunched its flagship gin with a new name, bottle and packaging. GlenWyvis GoodWill Scottish Gin is made using nine botanicals, including local hawthorn berries, and has a crisp full-bodied taste. Crafted to unite, GoodWill Gin embodies the community ethos of GlenWyvis – and is made to share!
Against this background, the board of GlenWyvis is looking to recruit a Brand Ambassador on an initial six-month contract to support our UK Sales Manager in the central Scotland.
The successful applicant will have a key role to play in building for the long-term success of one of the most high profile developments in Scottish distilling in recent years.
What we require
Reporting to our UK Sales Manager, and working closely with our International Business Development Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting sales activity in key Scottish markets, in particular in Edinburgh and Glasgow. The candidate will work with our brand team to develop compelling marketing materials and deliver key events in an increasingly competitive market.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Gain distribution and grow the rate of sale among wholesalers, independent retailers, speciality outlets and hospitality outlets
- Secure new business and build customers relationships to improve rate of sale
- Develop both volume and value of GlenWyvis brands through new business growth
- Support brand activation to ensure market understands the GlenWyvis proposition
- Support the sales and events team to increase brand awareness in Central Belt
What you must offer
We’re looking for a confident, self-starter capable of building strong relationships with customers – new and existing – in order to drive sales of the GlenWyvis portfolio. This is a remote role, you can be based anywhere in central Scotland, and while experience of working in the UK off-trade and on-trade spirit market would be preferably, it is not essential. You will be:
- Educated to degree level – with relevant B2B sales experience
- Ambitious, results-focused and with a proven track record of working independently
- Able to demonstrate evidence of building effective sales relationships
- Proven track record of selling a portfolio of products and delivering new business
- A people person with excellent communication skills, comfortable with creative ideas
- Happy to embrace flexible working – including working outside of traditional office hours
- Competent with IT including Microsoft Excel/PowerPoint and all social media platforms
- Able to present a full clean UK driving licence
If you believe you have the personal and professional skills to work as Brand Ambassador for GlenWyvis in these key markets, then we would be delighted to hear from you. To apply for this exciting position, please email your CV and covering letter to our Managing Director, John Mckenzie, at firstname.lastname@example.org.